Thursday, March 4, 2010

A God of OUR understanding....

When I was newly sober I told my Sponsor, "I thought we have to make something up." He took me to the Book and showed me what the step says, "God as WE understood Him". He stated that picking a God of your own understanding came from Bill's Story, where Ebby (never was a member of AA) who was from the Oxford Group, told him to make one up. I now understand that. But, my sponsor told me to go out and find out what WE understand. So I went on a mission, asking every one I could, "what do you understand?" I kept a list and when my sponsor asked me to show him the list. We reviewed it and came to an understanding that the general concensus was; God is typically Loving Caring Understanding Forgiving, and on and on. So I looked into my own life and saw that this is what my Mother taught me as a child. So I just needed to reintroduce myself to the God I grew up with. Boy was that easy! Time for a cup of coffee. See ya later! Bob

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to know the truth?........I don't have to ues a hubcap from a '57" Chevy anymore.........Praise Jesus, Hallelujah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that made me laugh! I like your way of putting things. Bob

    ReplyDelete