Tuesday, August 10, 2010

God could and would if He were SOUGHT....

C) God could and would if He were sought. I think Bill W. was a brilliant writer. He was able to think things thru and use the best wording to get a specific thought out there for us to work with. I believe Bill used the word sought, because he did not want us to think we need to FIND God. He wanted us to see that we are on a seeking mission, not a finding mission. My Sponsor used to tell me, "God ain't lost!" The word sought means to me; we need to seek God in everything we do, think, work on, plan, and on and on. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God. that's in the Big Big Big Book. I have been on a seeking mission for over 25 years. Man, the places I see God hanging out at, is just extraordinarily neat! But, I need to be seeking Him. When I seek, I need to ask for Him to be known to me, and then be aware that he will show me in His way. Sometimes He is in the eyes or the voice of the person or people I am working with. Sometimes He is in something I am reading. Sometimes He is in the weather I am experiencing. Sometimes (and this happens a lot) He is in my pets actions. If I seek, He appears! But, I had better be looking and listening to everyone and everything, if I am to see Him. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later. Bob

1 comment: