Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a NEW YEAR, same old principles.....

Last year was an absolute GREAT year for me! Did I have some moments that did not go so well? Sure did. But, they were just that, MOMENTS. Over all, the year was successful. I am in a better place in my personal recovery, my job, my home life, and family and friends. I practice these principles in all (most) all my affairs. Several times through-out the year I got a little caught up in wanting things MY WAY. I would meet with my sponsor and get back on track. Little bumps in the road. I now know that little bumps in the road a something that goes with being in this human experience. The end result is usually good if I can get myself out of the way and not try to manipulate the outcome. So far, this year is only 4 days old and it appears it is going pretty good without me trying to set the outcome. I hope yours is going good too. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later. Bob

1 comment:

  1. I've always cringed at "get out of the way"
    and "I'm not in charge", two popular phrases
    in aa. they both smack of absolving of responsibility and accountability. I believe I NEED to stay in the mix and remain in charge of my recovery.

    ReplyDelete