Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Me and my slang....

I guess that I irritate people sometimes with my slang. Please accept my apologies, but I am not going to change anytime soon. I'm kind of like Bill Wilson. He used to refer to himself as "a rum hound from New York, a gin hound from New York, never referred to himself as an Alcoholic. Never introduced himself as, Bill W. an Alcoholic. Actually never started off any talk introducing himself. I sometimes state I spent time at "the Hilton with the bars, the Ha Ha Hilton, but haven't been to the Refrigerated Hilton yet. Some people would like me to state "jails, institutions, or death". Oh well, that's not me. They told me to be Honest with myself. I introduce myself as Bob, a drunk and a dope fiend. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, On the surface this is a cute blog until it's properly analyzed, then it becomes pretty profound. None of those guys introduced themselves as acoholics................BECAUSE THEY WERE CURED!...........They didn't do that dumb s**t anymore. They knew they're reprieve was daily, but they also knew the days were infinite..The Chairperson didn't give a lead before a lead, they simply said will you please welcome Joe Fabeets?.........It's all mesed up. Hell, I should be introducing myself as a former chronic inebriate for the same reason. I DON'T DO THAT DUMB S**T ANYMORE EITHER.................THANK GOD!

    ReplyDelete