Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's not just a coin.....

My first Sponsor gave me a 24 hour a day coin, and told me to keep it in my pocket. He told me to bring it back to him If I was thinking about drinking. Not after I took that drink. My first year I was at his house a number of times, telling him "here's your f*&!@ coin! He would say come on in, we need to talk. After some time, he would give me my coin back and off I would go, STILL SOBER. In the beginning, Sister Ignatia would give the guys leaving Rosary Hall a Patron Saint coin, with the same directions, Give it back before you drink. I get a new coin from my Sponsor each year on my Anniversary and it stays in my pocket. I have left for work in the morning and forgot my coin. I would drive back home and get it, sort of a security blanket. But, IT WORKS!! My co-Sponsor lives in Las Vegas, and I have a coin from him in my pocket. A couple of times a year, I get this urge to drink, so I go to Las Vegas to give him the coin. Just kiddin about that one. That coin is a simple solution, and those things work for me for the past 24 years. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment