Saturday, October 24, 2009

A friend of mine....

has been sober for a number of years and had a really bad stroke and is now in a nursing home. She will probable be there for some time. She is making progress. She has begun to say some words and is able to smile. She even gave me a kiss last Wednesday. We put a Big Book on her night stand and everyone that goes to see her is to read 2 or more pages, and put there name at the bottom of the pages so we know where we are at. She loves that book and has lots of AA friends visit her. That, I believe helps her and helps us too! Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later. Bob

2 comments:

  1. Bob, I don't recall being 'here' before,so "Howdy". Glad to see you over at steveroni's (my blog).

    What a great idea each person leaves their name on page where they stopped. I've read in hospitals to patients, but never thought of the name bit.

    You have a "NICE" blog, ya know why? because it is SHORT! Maybe I can read some of yours and learn to "do" short!

    Also, you have something to say, so lots of Peeps will be finding you, if they don't know you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I like your blog a lot. Bob

    ReplyDelete