Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just don't drink.......

I was at my Home Group today and a lady I have known for some time was sitting there crying. She had got drunk the last several days. She has never been able to get more than a few years at a time. The first thing she said to me was "I'm Sorry Bob". I said to her, sorry for what, doing what we are all supposed to be doing. I then asked her, "are you sober today?". She said Yes. I told her, "Me too!" I'll tell you what we will do. Lets keep doing what we are doing today for the rest of today, and when we get up tomorrow, we'll do it one more day. Let's just do this "One day at a time". Let's not complicate a simple program. She gave me a hug and said, "I love you Bob, thanks for being a friend". KEEP IT SIMPLE, ONE DAY AT A TIME. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later. Bob

1 comment: