Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Home Group

I joined my home group four years before I got sober. I'm sober now for 24 years. So I have been at the same, and only home group for 28 years. All the old timers that were there when I arrived are, unfortunately, deceased. The group has taken a different direction and I feel left out in the new direction they have taken. A lot of the old ways are gone. I don't like that! Imagine that, I don't do well with change. Some of the things that are happening are not in line with AA principles, especially the Home Group booklet that is available through Central Office. I spent a lot of time discussing this with my Sponsor, and after a lot of talking and several months of maybe, maybe not, and on and on, I have finally made a decision with the help from a lot of AA's, including my Sponsor. I had been going to a group on Saturdays since they started and like the meeting. They like me and I talked to the people who started the group and they told me, " we would love to have you be a member here!" One group, not feeling welcome, one group please come with us. Not much of a choice, other than doing that thing we dislike the most, CHANGE. So I did it!! I left the first one and joined the new one. Real life is still happening. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later. Bob

1 comment:

  1. thanks bob for reminding me to thine own self be true....~ D

    ReplyDelete