Thursday, March 5, 2009

God/Good Friends....

My dear friend, Father Martin, asked me some questions, which led me through a birth of some new knowledge. It went like this; When you were drinking and drugging, did you have any true friends who you felt close to and would trust with your life? My answer was NO. When you were drinking and drugging, did you have a relationship with a higher power? My answer was NO. When you first got sober, which came first friends or Higher Power? Friends in recovery. How soon after did you start to grasp an idea of Higher Power? Several Months later, as I worked the steps, with those new friends. His point was: true friendship and your Higher Power are intermarried together. What an eye opener for me, to see that as I became more open to having friends in AA, my relationship with my Higher Power was growing. God/Good Friends, they seem to work together. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment