Friday, March 6, 2009

We have met the enemy-It is US....

That is from a comic strip, POGO, some years ago. It seems to fit us addicts and alcoholics. How many times have you heard the saying, "when you point your finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you. How about Bill W.'s favorite saying "I'm an egomaniac, with an inferiority complex". When I did my fourth step, my Sponsor had to keep reminding me, "it's your inventory not someone Else's!" We spend a lot of time looking at others when the simple truth is, look inside self. When I am working with a new guy, it takes a lot of looking into my own soul to focus on him and keeping him on track. That is why, in the 2nd paragraph, in Working With Others, Bill wrote that you don't want to miss what happens to the new person. When asked about that Bill said, "we missed what happened to us". I am convinced that I AM THE ENEMY, and if I work on that enemy, I will learn to change and live at peace with the enemy. Time for a cup of coffee, see ya later.

1 comment:

  1. I understand where you're coming from on this one Bob. It's like my sponsor always says our ego is out to kill us! I have to stop many times when I find myself at the same conclusion...my ego is out to get me now it is up to me to recognize that and act or don't act. For me it is usually not to react! You know first thought wrong.
    Enjoy the coffee Bob.

    ReplyDelete